ANNOUNCEMENT OF CLG FUNDS AVAILABLE
March 2006 - February 2007
The State Historical Society of North Dakota (SHSND) has been awarded $544,313 is
Historic Preservation Fund (HPF) monies for Federal Fiscal Year (FFY) 2006. A minimum
of 10% of the HPF funds will be dedicated to Certified Local Governments and available
through a competitive grant award to the 7 CLGs in North Dakota.
To apply for a portion of this funding, CLGs must submit five complete copies of the
application to the State Historical Society of North Dakota.
Download the CLG Applications & Guidelines pdf file. This application must contain the following items:
- Completed Application Form (Attachment 2). A signed form is preferred but
the CLG may submit an unsigned form with the application and wait to
submit a signed form after the total amount of the grant has been finalized.
- A comprehensive budget for the entire grant year (March 1, 2006 -
February 28, 2007) which includes the combined expenses and match for all
- A proposal for each project which includes the following:
- A comprehensive narrative dealing with the need, purpose, and
intent of the project and the proposed uses for the funds (what
the CLG plans to do with the money and why)
- A list of products which will result from the project, (contexts,
nominations, survey reports, brochures, historic preservation
plans, public education activities, etc.)
- A time line with dates for submission of products and
completion of goals
- A detailed budget, showing line item expenses, methods used to
arrive at the figures, and match amounts and their sources
- A list of all current Historic Preservation Commission members, including
the Coordinator (if applicable). The list must include each members’
address, phone number, email address, position on the commission, and the
rate that is used to evaluate their donated time.
- A list of current city or county commissioners for the CLG and their contact information; include the chief elected officer of the local government
- Historic Preservation Commission meeting minutes which show that the
Commission has approved the projects for which funding is being requested
and has approved the submittal of the grant application.
- The signed "assurance--non-construction" form (Attachment 8)
- The signed "nondebarment/anti-lobbying/drug-free workplace assurance"
form (Attachment 9)
The forms required for items 1, 7, and 8, are attached.
The forms must be signed by
the chief elected officer of the county or city (i.e. president, mayor, chairman).