Stone mason Hynek Rybnicek, architect Joseph Bell DeRemer, capitol commissioner Ernst Warner, and capitol groundsman Dobson, spent a day east of St. Anthony in rural Morton County looking for the perfect stone from which Rybnicek would carve the 1933 cornerstone. They selected the stone upon which they stand.
612 East Boulevard Ave.
Bismarck, North Dakota 58505
State Museum and Store: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. M-F; Sat. & Sun. 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
We are closed New Year's Day, Easter, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
State Archives: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. M-F, except state holidays; 2nd Sat. of each month, 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
State Historical Society offices: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. M-F, except state holidays.