By submitting images to this contest you confirm that for each image submitted:
- You alone are the author of your image and that it is your original work,
- You are the sole copyright holder,
- You have the permission of any persons in the image, or if they are under 16, the consent of their parent or guardian, to grant the usage rights required by the State Historical Society of North Dakota,
- That it does not include trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any other third person or entity,
- That it does not contain names, likenesses, or other characteristics identifying celebrities or other public figures, living or dead,
- You will be responsible for any claim made by any third party in respect of your entry and to fully indemnify the State Historical Society of North Dakota and its sponsors in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person or entity by reason of your breaching any of the foregoing.
The State Historical Society of North Dakota reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry that does not comply with any of the above, even after the entry is submitted.
The State Historical Society of North Dakota reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry:
- That contains personally identifiable visual information about You or any other person,
- That contains threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content,
- That contains any material that could constitute or encourage conduct which would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
You agree to fully indemnify the State Historical Society of North Dakota and its sponsors in respect of all costs owing to any person or entity arising by reason of your breaching any of the foregoing.
Your Copyright and Moral Rights
- The State Historical Society of North Dakota respects photographers’ rights and does not claim copyright for images you submit to this contest, you will retain full copyright in each entry.
- In addition your moral rights are respected. Whenever your image is published by the State Historical Society of North Dakota you will be credited. Failure to publish a credit due to error or oversight shall not be deemed a breach of this condition.
Use of Images
By entering this contest you agree that any image you submit may be used by the State Historical Society of North Dakota for the following uses;
- Judging the competition,
- Displaying the entries on the competition website,
- Displaying the entries at public exhibitions,
- Publishing the entries on posters,
- Cropping and re-sizing the image as necessary to fit pre-defined formats
- Updating of sites forms for historic properties recorded by the State Historical Society of North Dakota
- Inclusion within any materials promoting the competition or any exhibition of images from this competition organized by the State Historical Society of North Dakota
- Inclusion within an article written by the State Historical Society of North Dakota for the purposes of furthering academic knowledge related to the resources depicted in the entries
You hereby grant the State Historical Society of North Dakota a non-exclusive, irrevocable license in each Entry throughout the world in all media for the uses described above for 5 years following the date of announcement of the winners.
You acknowledge your responsibility for protecting your Entry against image misuse by third parties, the State Historical Society of North Dakota and its Partners can assume no responsibility and are not liable for any image misuse.
Should any image uses beyond those needed to promote the contest arise you will be contacted and given the opportunity to negotiate any such usage with the parties concerned independently of the competition.