Title: Bethel United Church of Christ Evangelical and Reformed Church, New Salem, ND
Collection Number: MSS 11024
Quantity: 1.25 ft./1 roll microfilm #16004
Abstract: Volume consists of baptisms (1908-1999), confirmations (1909-2008), marriages (1908-2006), deaths and burials (1909-2008), communion numbers (1909-1942), family register, collections and gifts (1908-1942), church history, fiftieth and seventy-fifth anniversary publications, list of ministers (1908-1972). The volume is written in the German language with much of it translated into English. The volume is on microfilm and the original returned to the donor, Meredyth Werchau of New Salem.
April 30, 2012 accession consists of record books that contain minutes (1962-2009) and members, officials and committees information (1962-1974, 1985-2009), additional minutes (2008-2009), and a Local Church Survey form file with miscellaneous information about the church (1999-2008).
Provenance: One volume was loaned for microfilming by Meredyth Werchau on January 29, 2009. The April 30, 2012 accession was donated by Margaret and Wade Schemmel of Bismarck, ND. This inventory was created by Emily E. Schultz in April 2012.
Property Rights: The State Historical Society of North Dakota owns the property rights to this collection.
Copyrights: Copyrights to this collection remain with the donor, publisher, author, or author's heirs. Researchers should consult the 1976 Copyright Act, Public Law 94-553, Title 17, U.S. Code or an archivist at this repository if clarification of copyright requirements is needed.
Access: This collection is open under the rules and regulations of the State Historical Society of North Dakota.
Citation: Researchers are requested to cite the collection title, collection number, and the State Historical Society of North Dakota in all footnote and bibliographic references.
Transfer: Seven publications were transferred to the State Archives’ Publications in April 2012. See case file for titles.
From Bethel United Church of Christ 100th Anniversary, July 20, 2008
Bethel United Church is located about ten miles southeast of New Salem and was founded in 1908 as Bethel Evangelische Gemeinde of the Evangelical Synod of North America. Twenty one families met on June 6, 1908 to organize a congregation. Five acres of land were donated by Herman Hasse, Sr. for the church and cemetery. The church was dedicated December 6, 1908.
BOX / FOLDER INVENTORY
1 Record book – membership information (1962-1974) and minutes (1962-1979)
2 Record book – membership information (1985-2009) and minutes (1979-2009)
3 Minutes, 2008-2009
4 Local church survey form file, 1999-2008
Record book (Microfilm roll #16004):
Volume consists of baptisms (1908-1999), confirmations (1909-2008), marriages (1908-2006), deaths and burials (1909-2008), communion numbers (1909-1942), family register, collections and gifts (1908-1942), church history, fiftieth and seventy-fifth anniversary publications, list of ministers (1908-1972). The volume is written in the German language with much of it translated into English.
612 East Boulevard Ave.
Bismarck, North Dakota 58505
Museum Store: 8am - 5pm M-F; Sat. & Sun. 10am - 5pm.
State Archives: 8am - 4:30pm., M-F, except legal holidays, and 2nd Sat. of each month, 10am - 4:30 pm.
State Historical Society offices: 8am - 5pm M-F, except legal holidays.
phone: (701) 328-2666
fax: (701) 328-3710