Title: Francis B. Daniel Papers
Collection Number: Mss 10795
Quantity: 2 feet
Abstract: Consists of correspondence, Nonpartisan League minutes, political materials, financial records, district reports, pamphlets, scrapbook, and newspaper clippings.
Provenance: The papers were donated to the State Historical Society of North Dakota by Francis Daniel in December 2000.
Property Rights: The State Historical Society of North Dakota owns the property rights to this collection.
Copyrights: Copyrights to this collection remain with the donor, publisher, author, or author's heirs. Researchers should consult the 1976 Copyright Act, Public Law 94-553, Title 17, U.S. Code or an archivist at this repository if clarification of copyright requirements is needed.
Access: This collection is open under the rules and regulations of the State Historical Society of North Dakota.
Citation: Researchers are requested to cite the collection title, collection number, and the State Historical Society of North Dakota in all footnote and bibliographic references.
Francis B. Daniel was secretary of the 1954 Nonpartisan League state convention. Daniel, a Ray, ND rural campaign field man for the Democratic Party in 1958 was also active in the NPL. Early in 1959 he was elected to the board of The Leader, the NPL newspaper, and in June started a supplement to it, “The Follower.” According to the Williston Herald, Daniel was League executive secretary based in Fargo.
1. Correspondence, Arnold Holder
2. Correspondence, Senator William Langer
3. Correspondence, William S. Murray 1950-1955
4. Correspondence, Ray Thompson
5. Correspondence, 1954 Campaign 1954
6. Correspondence, NPL 1954
7. Correspondence, NPL 1959
8. Correspondence from F. B. Daniel 1958-1959
9. Correspondence, NPL and Minutes
10. Correspondence 1958-1960
11. Correspondence 1958-1960
13. Correspondence 1954; Mailing Lists 1954; 1956
14. Correspondence, about 1958 Convention & Election 1958
15. Correspondence, Campaign 1958-1960
16. Correspondence, Campaign & Forms 1956
18. Wedding Announcement
19. NPL State Convention, Minutes 1954
20. NPL Convention Resolutions 1952-1954
21. Mailing List of Organizations; NPL & Democratic 1950s
22. NPL Minutes 1954
25. List of Delegates and Credentials
26. Minutes, Resolutions, Correspondence 1954-1960
27. NPL State Convention Minutes 1956-1958
28. Campaign Ideas
29. SB 69 State Legislative Session 34th
30. Speech or Editorial
31. List of Office Holders, State and National
32. Office Files: Smorgasbord
33. Political Affairs-Precinct Committee 1948-1958
34. Farmers Grain Elevator Broadcast Transcript, May 1958
35. Young Democrats Newsletter
36. Farmers Union Action Bulletin May-June 1958
37. Facts on North Dakota Political Groups April 1957
38. Senator Milton R Young: Press Releases 1956
39. NPL Political Ad, “Vote NPL Democratic”
40. Political Advertisement June 28, 1956
41. Office Files of F. B. Daniels 1958-1960
42. V-60 and the Campaign
43. 1954 Campaign 1954
44. ND Farmers Union Vote Yes! Pamphlet
45. Campaign Materials 1958
46. Anti-Corruption Measure 1954
48. District Reports
1. Financial Records “ND Volunteers for Stevenson” Committee
2. Financial Records
3. Daniel newspaper clippings
4. Newspaper clippings
5. Newspaper clippings
6. Formative years newspaper clippings
7. Senate vacancy and special election newspaper clippings
8. Newspaper clippings
9. Scrapbook: newspaper clippings 1937-1940s
10. Newspaper clippings
11. Newspaper clippings 1980s
12. National Union Farmer 1950, 1958
13. National Union Farmer: Washington Newsletter, 1958
14. Newspaper clippings
612 East Boulevard Ave.
Bismarck, North Dakota 58505
State Museum and Store: 8am - 5pm M-F; Sat. & Sun. 10am - 5pm.
We are closed New Year's Day, Easter, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
State Archives: 8am - 4:30pm., M-F, except state holidays, and 2nd Sat. of each month, 10am - 4:30 pm.
State Historical Society offices: 8am - 5pm M-F, except state holidays.
phone: (701) 328-2666
fax: (701) 328-3710