SHSND Home > Archives > Archives Holdings > Photographs > Collections > 00951

OCLC WorldCat Logo

Digital Horizons

Federal Depository Library Program

Photographs - Collections - 951-1000 - #00951

Title: North Dakota Churches

Dates: 1906-1950

Collection Number: 00951

Quantity: 24 items

Abstract: Images of churches, schools, parsonages designed by architect Ursa Louis Freed and postcards of Fort Yates and a homestead shack in Marmon (ND).

Provenance: The State Historical Society of North Dakota received the collection from Dacotah Prairie Museum in September 1992.

Property Rights: The State Historical Society of North Dakota owns the property rights to this collection.

Copyrights: Copyrights to this collection remain with the donor, publisher, author, or author's heirs.  Researchers should consult the 1976 Copyright Act, Public Law 94-553, Title 17, U.S. Code or an archivist at this repository if clarification of copyright requirements is needed.

Access: This collection is open under the rules and regulations of the State Historical Society of North Dakota.

Citation: Researchers are requested to cite the collection title, collection number, and the State Historical Society of North Dakota in all footnote and bibliographic references.

Photographs Inventory

00951-01              Edgeley (ND) March 9, 1950
00951-02              Mr. and Mrs. D. J. Johnson and dog outside tarpaper shack, Marmon (ND)
00951-03              Nazareth Lutheran Church interior, Kenmare (ND) dedicated June 1950
00951-04              High School Towner (ND). Strand Studio, Rugby
00951-05 – 06     St. Michaels Youth Center, Grand Forks (ND). Lee-Evanson Studio, Grand Forks
00951-07 – 09     St. John the Baptist Church, Rugby (ND)
00951-10             
00951-11 – 11a St. Michaels Youth Center, Grand Forks (ND)
00951-12 – 13     Church Parsonage Minot (ND)
00951-14 – 16     Holy Trinity Church, Hettinger (ND), Olson’s Studio, Hettinger
00951-17 – 18     St. Cecelia Catholic Church, Towner (ND) 1950. Strand Studio, Rugby      
00951-19              Little Flower Catholic School Minot (ND)               
00951-20              Architect’s drawing of Wishek Community Hospital. Ursa Louis Freed, Architect
00951-21              Architect’s drawing of a proposed church for St. Aloysius Parish, Lisbon (ND). Ursa Louis Freed, Architect
00951-22              Officer’s Row, Fort Yates (ND) 1906

Address:
612 East Boulevard Ave.
Bismarck, North Dakota 58505
Get Directions

Hours:
State Museum and Store: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. M-F; Sat. & Sun. 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
We are closed New Year's Day, Easter, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
We will also be closed on Christmas Eve this year.
State Archives: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. M-F, except state holidays; 2nd Sat. of each month, 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
State Historical Society offices: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. M-F, except state holidays.

Contact Us:
phone: 701.328.2666
email: histsoc@nd.gov