SHSND Home > Archives > Archives Holdings > Photographs > Collections > 00407

OCLC WorldCat Logo

Digital Horizons

Federal Depository Library Program

Photographs - Collections - 1-1091 401-450 #00407

Title: Saint Joseph Museum

Dates: 1940

Collection Number: 00407

Quantity: 3 items

Abstract: Three 8x10" nitrate negatives of scenes in North Dakota including: Grand Forks Central High School, Grand Forks (ND) 1940, Field House at North Dakota Agricultural College, Fargo (ND) 1940, and the St. Alexius Hospital Bismarck (ND) 1940. Originally accessioned as 85AV-005, with letter dated 03-11-1985 from Bonnie K. Watkins, Curator of Collections, Saint Joseph Museum, St. Joseph, Missouri. "Negatives were made for a company in St. Joseph that refinishes floors, Hillyard Chemical Company and are dated 10-08-1938."

Provenance: The collection was donated to the State Historical Society of North Dakota by Bonnie K. Watkins, Curator of Collections, Saint Joseph Museum in St. Joseph MO on March 11, 1985. Original Accession number 85AV005. Todd Strand originally added the collection in 1985, Sharon Silengo scanned and added item level descriptions and wrote a finding aid for the collection on November 04, 2015.

Property Rights: The State Historical Society of North Dakota owns the property rights to this collection.

Copyrights: Copyrights to materials in this collection remain with the donor, publisher, author, or author's heirs. Researchers should consult the 1976 Copyright Act, Public Law 94-553, Title 17, U.S. Code and an archivist at this repository if clarification of copyright requirements is needed.

Access: This collection is open under the rules and regulations of the State Historical Society of North Dakota.

Citation: Researchers are requested to cite the collection title, collection number, and the State Historical Society of North Dakota in all footnote and bibliographic references.

Related Collections:
00141 Andreas Risem

INVENTORY

00407-00001 Central High School Grand Forks (ND) ca. 1940
00407-00002 St. Alexius Hospital Bismarck (ND) ca. 1940 Photograph by Andreas Risem
00407-00003 Field House North Dakota Agricultural College (now North Dakota State University-NDSU) Fargo (ND) 1940.

Address:
612 East Boulevard Ave.
Bismarck, North Dakota 58505
Get Directions

Hours:
State Museum and Store: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. M-F; Sat. & Sun. 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
We are closed New Year's Day, Easter, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
We will also be closed on Christmas Eve this year.
State Archives: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. M-F, except state holidays; 2nd Sat. of each month, 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
State Historical Society offices: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. M-F, except state holidays.

Contact Us:
phone: 701.328.2666
email: histsoc@nd.gov