SHSND Home > Archives > Archives Holdings > Photographs > Collections > 00221

OCLC WorldCat Logo

Digital Horizons

Federal Depository Library Program

Photographs - Collections - 201-250 - #00221

Title: Fort Buford, Fort Union and Williston (ND)

Dates: 1880-1912

Collection Number: 00221

Quantity: 50 items

Abstract: Images of people and places including Fort Buford, Fort Peck, Fort Yates, and Williston (ND)

Provenance: Images brought in by Vern Neff of Williston, ND in June 1983 for the purpose of making copies.  Originals returned to owner.

Property Rights: The State Historical Society of North Dakota owns the property rights to this collection.

Copyrights:  Copyrights to this collection remain with the donor, publisher, author, or author's heirs.  Researchers should consult the 1976 Copyright Act, Public Law 94-553, Title 17, U.S. Code or an archivist at this repository if clarification of copyright requirements is needed.

Access: This collection is open under the rules and regulations of the State Historical Society of North Dakota.

Citation: Researchers are requested to cite the collection title, collection number, and the State Historical Society of North Dakota in all footnote and bibliographic references.

PHOTOGRAPHS INVENTORY

00221-01              IOOF Convention barbeque, Williston (ND) June 4-5, 1912
00221-02              Fort Union 1863               
00221-03              Williams County Courthouse, Williston (ND)
00221-04              Fort Buford (ND)
00221-05              Fort Buford (ND)
00221-06              Dr. Atkinson and Mr. Cowan, Fort Peck, Poplar (MT)
00221-07              Indians, Fort Peck, Poplar (MT)
00221-08              Indians, Fort Peck, Poplar (MT)
00221-09              Louis Sitting Bull 1880    
00221-10              Williston Concert Band
00221-11              Typesetting at the Williston Graphic 1903
00221-12              Gray Bear                           
00221-13              Indians, Fort Peck, Poplar (MT)
00221-14              Tipis, Fort Peck, Poplar (MT)
00221-15              Indian girls lined up with brooms, Fort Peck, Poplar (MT)
00221-16              Ruins of the Powder House, Fort Buford (ND)
00221-17              Lieutenant Chapin, Lieutenant Manney, Captain Humphreys, Mrs. and Miss Jewel, Major and Mrs. Bell, Thomas R. Forbes, George W. Hedderich, and Lieutenant Wheeler, Fort Buford (ND)
00221-18              Fort Buford (ND)
00221-19              Fort Buford (ND)
00221-20              Cemetery, Fort Buford (ND)
00221-21              Fort Buford (ND)
00221-22              Fort Buford (ND)
00221-23              Fort Buford (ND)
00221-24              Fort Buford (ND)
00221-25              Fort Buford (ND)
00221-26              ‘Lily’ the first ferry that operated across the Missouri River to the mouth of the Yellowstone ca. 1885-1890. Photographer: J. M. Wies
00221-27              Painting inside a building at Fort Buford (ND)
00221-28              Congregational Mission Church, Fort Yates (ND)
00221-29              Congregational Mission Church, Fort Yates (ND)
00221-30              Little Eagle (SD) ca. 1880-1900
00221-31              Unknown location                          
00221-32              Johnnie and Walter Gran
00221-33              Huntington Wakutemani (Walks Shooting), Little Eagle (SD) ca. 1888
00221-34              Margaret Agnes and Eunice Wakutimani
00221-35              Chief Grindstone, Little Eagle (SD)
00221-36              Cultivated fields
00221-37              Sibley McLaughlin                           
00221-38              Unknown Native American                        
00221-39              George Reed
00221-40              Raymond Reed 1907      
00221-41              Unknown site                   
00221-42              Unknown site                   
00221-43              Native American family group                   
00221-44              Native American; Unknown                       
00221-45              Mary C. Collins                 
00221-46              Chief Grindstone and family 1893            
00221-47              Mary C. Collins                 
00221-48              Mary C. Collins                 
00221-49              Johnnie and Walter Gran                             
00221-50              Miss Lane, Samuel Smiley, Prairie Chicken's Head, Tall White Man, Mrs. W. L. Collins, Theodore Riggs, Arthur, Edith, Ethel and Lewis Collins, Ellen Spotted Bear, and Mrs. Lauderdale  

Address:
612 East Boulevard Ave.
Bismarck, North Dakota 58505
Get Directions

Hours:
State Museum and Store: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. M-F; Sat. & Sun. 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
We are closed New Year's Day, Easter, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
We will also be closed on Christmas Eve this year.
State Archives: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. M-F, except state holidays; 2nd Sat. of each month, 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
State Historical Society offices: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. M-F, except state holidays.

Contact Us:
phone: 701.328.2666
email: histsoc@nd.gov