1607–1811 | 1812–1865 | 1865–1898 | 1898–1999
Colonial Wars, 1607-1774
These records will include the name of the soldier and the colonial unit in which he served. They consist of rosters, rolls and lists of those who survived the wars.
- An historical journal of the campaigns in North America for the years 1757, 1758, 1759, and 1760 by Captain John Knox. Toronto: The Champlain Society, 1914-16 971.4/K77d
- The original lists of persons of quality; emigrants; religious exiles; political rebels; serving men sold for a term of years; apprentices; children stolen; maidens pressed; and others who went from Great Britain to the American plantations 1600-1700. With their ages, the localities where they formerly lived in the mother country, the names of the ships in which they embarked and other interesting particulars. From MSS preserved in the State paper dept of Her Majesty's Public records office, England. Ed by John Camden Hotten. NY: J W Bouton, 1874 929.4/H799
Revolutionary War and Frontier Conflicts, 1775-1811
These records are compiled from rosters and rolls of soldiers serving. They provide the name, rank, military organization, state from which the soldier served, date his name appears on the rolls, date of enlistment or of appointment and sometimes the date of separation. Physical description, date and place of birth, residence at time of enlistment are occasionally included.
- Battles of the American revolution, 1775-1781 Historical and military criticism with topographical illustration by Henry B Carrington. NY: A S Barnes & Co, 1876 973.3/C235
- Complete regular army register of the United States: for one hundred years (1779-1879). Together with the volunteer general staff during the war with Mexico, and a register of all appointments by the President of the United States in the Volunteer service during the rebellion with the official military records of each officer. Also a military history of the Department of War and of each staff department of the Army. Compiled and published by Thomas H S Hamersly. Washington DC: Hamersly, 1881. 353.6/H179
- Historical register of officers of the continental army during the ward of the revolution, April 1775-Dec 1783 by F B Heitman. Washington: Press of Nichols, Killam & Haffitt, 1893. 973.344/H365
- Index to Revolutionary War service records, transcribed by Virgil D White. Waynesboro, TN: National Historical Publishing Co, 1995. 929.373/1995
- List of officers of the navy of the United States and of the Marine corps from 1775 to 1900 comprising a complete register of all present and former commissioned, warranted and appointed officers of the United States navy and of the Marine corps, regular and volunteer. Compiled by Edward W Callahan. NY: L R Hamersly & Co, 1901. 353.7/C13
- A National register of the society Sons of the American Revolution, comp and pub under the auspices of the national publication committee by Louis H Cornish, register list collated and ed by A Howard Clark. NY: Press of A H Kellogg, 1902. 369.133/So5
- Naval documents of the American Revolution. U S Naval History Division. Edited by William Bell Clark. Washington, DC: GPO, 1964- . 973.35/Un3
- The war of the rebellion; a compilation of the official records of the Union and Confederate Armies, U S War Dept, Secretary of War: Washington DC: GPO, 1880-1901. 128 volumes. 973.7/Un3w