go to ND gov home page

Fort Buford - Exhibits

Fort Buford Flag Raising

Opens May 16, 2007. Life by the Bugle This permanent exhibit in the Field Officer’s Quarters explores the life of a frontier military officer at Fort Buford and also examines the role of women at an army post. Several objects original to Fort Buford’s days as a military post from 1866 to 1895 are displayed. The Officer of the Guard Building, also at the site, features an exhibit of objects from the SHSND collections and period reproductions.

Hours:
8 a.m. - 6 p.m. daily from May 16 - September 15.
September 16 - May 15, weekdays by appointment.

Contact Us:
Phone: (701) 572-9034
Email: shsbuford@nd.gov
15349 39th Ln. NW
Williston, ND 58801